In the seven years we have hosted the Women Coaches Symposium (WCS) we have encountered many amazing women! We know of many exemplar women coaches at all levels of sport who are committed to "doing it right" and we want to honor them. We at the Tucker Center for Research on Girls & Women in Sport, at the University of Minnesota have developed an award and criteria that honors these women. This award is presented by Jostens.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: Monday, March 2, 2020.
AWARD CATEGORIES: We are honoring two coaches: one collegiate coach (any level), one youth sport/high school/or club coach.
CRITERIA FOR THE WCS Jostens COACH OF THE YEAR AWARDS:
* Commitment to giving back
* Cares about and fosters holistic athlete well being and development
* Strives for performance excellence
* Honors the game by demonstrating good sport behavior & showing respect for rules, opponents, officials, athletes & self
* Maintains high ethical standards
* Conducts herself with professionalism
* Gives back and pays it forward
If you have any questions, please contact McKenzie Arbeiter, email@example.com
We expect the coach and nominator to be present to accept the award at the WCS.
To register for the WCS being co-hosted by the Tucker Center, WeCOACH & Gopher Athletics, held on April 24 at TCF Bank Stadium and see our amazing program and speakers visit WCS.UMN.EDU