I am responsible for extending the adidas brand message to women at all levels of sport throughout the United States! As a custodian of the voice of the adidas female athlete, I act as lead for all marketing activity within the women’s basketball spectrum. This involves driving business in key categories of the adidas Team Sports Division and its NCAA Team Services group. From 200-2014 I was the second individual ever to lead the Women's Basketball Coaches Association. The WBCA, an organization for which I care deeply, exists to promote women's basketball by unifying coaches at all levels.
At the WBCA the accomplishments for which I am most proud:
* 2004 President's Award, National Association of Girls and Women's Sport. Received for my efforts to market and promote The Wade Trophy, awarded annually to the NCAA Div 1, top women's basketball player. Via my efforts, including cementing ESPN's televised coverage of the Trophy's presentation, The Wade Trophy has become the Heisman Trophy of women's basketball.
* In 2007, WBCA launched the Pink Zone, now known as Play 4Kay, as its first health initiative. This grassroots marketing campaign remains one of the most successful breast cancer awareness programs in history, making possible the establishment of the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. The Fund remains the WBCA's charity of choice and is currently one of NIKE's key charity partners.
* Partnered with Columbia University in 2012 to establish the "Center for Coaching Excellence," a first-of-its-kind leadership training program designed for coaches of women's collegiate basketball.
* Established the WBCA Revenue Committee (2013) which crafted an NCAA marketing relationship the, the most lucrative in WBCA's history.
* Left a $2.M budget surplus.
I played basketball at East Tennessee State University, and got a MS in Recreational Administration from the University of Tennessee where I was also a graduate assistant for the Lady Vols basketball team under Pat Summitt.